Monday, April 14, 2008

Quest for an Equal Mind

04/15/2008

This is kind of my version of Hank Rearden and his search for Francisco.

Stood he on the terrace
Face beaming with pride
He had finally reached the top
It hadn't been an easy ride

His empire stood below him
Made with his toil and blood
Till the point of collapse
He had crawled through every bit of mud

As he now stood there,
Thinking about his struggle
The victory he had achieved
What had made it possible?

Something was amiss,
He looked around to find he was alone
A metaphor to his future
A dreary fact he would soon bemoan

All his success, All his victories
But never once did he find
A person who could match him
In his spirit, effort and mind

Is there no one in this world? He asked himself
Let him even be a foe
Let him challenge me to my best
I will not ask for more

But let there be someone
I can deal with equally
Who understands what I am
And doesn't ask for charity

It is true what they say
It is lonely at the top
I yearn for that beautiful day
When this search of mine will stop

No comments: