Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Reflection

04/18/2008

Across the hall sat I
Uncomfortable, out of place
Shifting in my chair
Searching for a pleasant face

I had no conversations,
No views to air
Bored to my wits end
I had nothing to share

Thats when I saw her
Within a noisy crowd
Her presence inconspicuous
Not making even the slightest sound

With a stroke through her hair
A beautiful face she revealed
It was nothing perfect
But to me pleasant it seemed

Her smile was infectious
And personality calming
But her eyes did not twinkle
Betraying that she was acting

The sadness in her face
Although not apparent
The hurt was still there
Chipping away making her blunt

Her thoughts wanted to drift
To their own little paradise
Where nothing could go wrong
A place without deceit and lies

That one glance at her
Rooted me to my chair
I had seen my reflection
And at it I continued to stare

1 comment:

Salil said...

Hey ... this is ones a lot better now . The pain actually gets you. Buddy you need some serious cheering up on your trip back home... :)